GfK (Australia) was commissioned by Network Ten to help them:
- Understand reactions and sentiment to a new TV series in near real-time
- Feedback insight to the client to support rapid iterations of content and creative
- Improve audience profiling
- Build recommendations for how to grow loyalty and improve promotion
Feedback and insight was required to tailor future show content, and advertising and communications being developed in support of the show.
Specifically, GfK sought a partner and online research platform with which to engage viewers across the country in an agile and creative way using discussions, projective techniques and other forms of online engagement.
Working in partnership with GfK, a private online research community
was created to engage the target audience target over a period of weeks while the show aired.
The team at Further provided support by:
- Creating a branded research community environment, communications and tools required to create a lively, interactive participant experience.
- Co-developing a strategic research plan of action that engaged participants and promoted commitment to the ongoing research programme.
- Co-designing creative community activities and discussions, advising
on best practice and including online projective exercises to surface
and explore participants’ inner thoughts and feelings towards the show.
- A series of rapidly deployed discussions, surveys and creative tasks delivered a comprehensive piece of agile research. Rich viewer profiles
were created along with a platform for rapid iteration of creative content
- A number of decisions and actions were taken as a result of the research, including content development and optimisation of communications